7 Ways to Keep them Coming Back
Your business is a top priority for you and you work so hard to get that sale. Then you feel really good when it happens. You want the customers to keep coming back and increasing your sales.
Often, unfortunately, that doesn’t happen for some companies. If that is your company, maybe it is time to make some changes in your after sale actions in order to keep your business in the forefront of your customer’s minds.
Here are a few things you can do to increase the number of customers that come back again and again. If really boils down to one thing—excellent customer service not only before and during the sale also after the sale.
Most everyone sends a thank you email after the sale. Don’t stop there….
- A couple of weeks after that email, send them an email and ask how the product is working for them and is there any way you can help.
- Give them a call if you don’t hear back from them. Let them know you are just calling to find out if everything is okay
with their purchase, do they need any advice or do they need anything else? (Not in a salesy way, but a customer
- Send them periodic emails on updates for their product they purchased or advise them of a new product they might be interested in.
- If it is a new product follow up with more information, like a teaser email, maybe a download about the
product and finally one that ends with a call to action. If you have a sales funnel set up, add them to it.
- If you are doing an e-newsletter regularly, as you should be—make sure to offer to put them on the list. The more they see your name, the more they will you are here for them.
- If there is a special that comes up that is related to the purchase they made, send them a friendly email and let them know that you were thinking about them and you value them as a customer.
- Last but not least, make sure who ever answers your emails, or takes your calls, always treats your customers like you would want to be treated. Answer promptly, be friendly, be sincere and helpful. Thank them for being your customer.
Absolutely nothing beats excellent customer service to bring customers back! This has been proved in study after study by interviewing customers.
In a customer service survey done by Zendesk Dimensional Research, out of 10,394 customers surveyed, 3,224 customers chose excellent customer service over price, which was the second highest at 3,068 followed by reliable brand and financially stable company.
To some businesses this may seem like common sense. For others, maybe some changes need to be made to bring those customers back. Think about it.
You may leave a comment below the first blog.